Galactography is the best diagnostic tool in cases of nipple discharge. The process can take up to 30 minutes, sometimes is painful, because of the catheter to be inserted into the duct for the injection of contrast medium. After entering the contrast medium, X-rays are performed for the precise visualization and localization of the lesion. Through this examination from latest statistics, we can say that in about 80% of procedures papilomas have been found.
Set includes one straight or curved needle with Luer Lock hub, blunt non-traumatic dilators, connecting tube and 1cc. syringe.
The procedure described is for guidance only. Each physician must, of course, evaluate the appropriateness of the procedure based on their clinical training and experience and the type of procedure to be performed. The needle must be used only once.
1. Inspect the package for damage and expiration date.
2. Examine the device for signs of damage.
3. Check that the product corresponds to the needle to be used.
4. Prep the patient in the standard and customary way for the procedure to be performed.
5. Remove needle protector
6. Advance the needle and perform the procedure
7. After the needle is removed from the patient, recover the drawed sample and dispose of needle in the proper sharps container.